A flexible self-starter that is keen to build on our capabilities by developing the technical side of our productions to an even higher standard, and so communicate our ‘theatre with a message’ in as clear and professional way as possible. The successful applicant will be a team player, willing to travel and be passionate about the creative arts and Saltmine’s vision.
- To set up and operate sound, video and lighting equipment for Saltmine’s productions;
- To maintain the production equipment and ensure its safe, effective & efficient working, including annual PAT testing;
- To create & maintain performance material (sound, lighting & special effects);
- To make recommendations on the need/desirability of new technology, equipment & resources;
- To participate in the design and build of production sets;
- To ensure that equipment and set are transported, set up & set down safely & securely, and are stored appropriately when not in use; Saltmine technicians.
- To liaise closely with the Creative Staff Team and Logistics Manager, and to supervise the other
- Extensive practical experience in a similar environment;
- A personal Christian faith that understands the heart of our organisation;
- A team player that values, encourages and cultivates productive relationships; good communication and inter-personal skills;
- Experienced in the use of modern lighting, sound and video equipment and technologies with environment;
- A logical mind and a practical approach to situations, able to adapt to the surrounding
- Responsibility; drive and commitment to achieve excellence;
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of
Familiar with Health & Safety regulations and working practices; - Design&build of portable production sets.
LOCATION: Saltmine’s Headquarters in Dudley plus production venues in the UK.